Read This! SERVER BETA, Release Dates - MadnessMC Major Update #1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MrMadness, Sep 7, 2017.

1. MrMadness

MrMadness Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hello everyone, the MadnessMC Release is less than 10 days away, so it’s finally time for all the information on the server so far. The server is still under development, so there will be update in a week from now with all the server mechanics and features in depth. This update is primarily about the beta, release times and getting feedback on how I should develop the server. If you dislike reading I have done a video that explains almost everything in here and some other channel related stuff:

Table of Contents:
    - Release Date Information
    - Beta Information
    - Webstore
    - Important Message For TMFactions Donators
    - Server Information/Features Brief
    - Forums
    - End

Release Date Information:
    There will be a private beta as the server is still be developed and I need to test the server’s stability before we potentially get hundreds of players joining for the official release, more information about the beta in the next section. However the beta will be in 2 days at 6pm this Friday CST (Central Standard Time). The official release will be on the following Friday on the 15th at 6pm CST. The ip is pvp.MadnessMC.net and the MOTD will have a countdown timer for both the Beta and the Official Release.

Beta Information:
    The beta will be start in 2 days on Friday at 6pm CST and go for 5 days until Wednesday 3-4am CST. This will be a private beta where you pay $0.20 to buy a pass, while the server is under development, I don’t want to worry about hackers or griefers as the server isn’t completely ready to deal with hackers, plus I don’t have any proper staff yet, so it will be hard to regulate them. You can purchase the Beta Pass here: http://buy.madnessmc.net/category/1016117 Because you have to pay money for the pass, there will be events and lots of perks you can get.

What’s in the Beta Pass:
    - $1,000,000
    - Legendary Blazing Kit (Prot 4, Armor, Eff 5 Tools, Creeper Egg and more) | Beta Only
    - 5 Crate Keys | Beta Only
    - 5 Flaring Crate Keys | Beta Only
    - Every 24 Hours Flaming PVP Kit (Prot 4, Sharp 5 Sword and more PVP Gear) | Beta Only
    Everything in the Kits

Also every player in the beta will have access to some donor rank perms, such as /craft, /echest, silktouch spawner, etc.

Events:
    - Major Koth 6:15pm Friday (15 Minutes after release), winner ($50,000 on release)
    - Second Major Koth: 6pm Satruday, winner ($50,000)
    - Ender Dragon Event: 3am Wednesday
    The objective of the ender dragon event is to kill the ender dragon, collect his egg and not die. Everyone will be spawned into the end world in different corners with strong PVP gear, please don’t team. You will be given 2 lives and after that you will have to spectate. You will have to try and kill the ender dragon, while killing everyone else and not dying. Should be a tonne of fun. The person who mines the Ender Dragon Egg and first to get it in there inventory at the end will get the Egg as an admin item on the official release and $100,000, the last man standing will also get $50,000.
    - Koths Every 3 Hours, Rewards include valuables such as spawners and creeper eggs

Because there won’t be many people in total playing the beta, the nether and end are disabled and the overworld has a world border of 1,000 x 1,000. This is so we can still have competitive faction experience in a short amount of time. To add to this the richest factions based off Top at the end of the beta will get prizes on release. The winner will get an Iron Golem Faction, second will get $100,000 and third will get $10,000. Finally just be aware that everything built at the end of the beta will be deleted.

If you find any bugs please report them here: Also I don’t have staff and will be accepting staff application during the beta. I will have thread up soon of what is expected, what you can do and the commands you get.

Webstore:
    The webstore is now fully functional and until the first week after release there will be a huge 20% off sale. You can get a lot out of ranks and crate keys already, so sales won’t be super frequent. Most will be flash sales of 10%, and there will be major ones on holidays, however the next major one won’t be till Christmas, so take advantage of this sale while you can. Also bundles were popular so for a even bigger discount you can buy them, there will be different ones for each sale. You can purchase items before the server official releases and will be given them when the server releases. If you purchase a rank or beta pass you will be able to join the server 30 minutes before release.

Important Message for TMFactions Donors:
    This may be a brand new server, that will have new staff and everything, however TMFactions was still my server and it’s not right to let people who spent a significant amount of money lose their rank over the cyber attack. I can’t give everyone back there rank, one because I don’t have all the records and I have a lot to pay for the server. However I have records of everything people purchased after June last year. What I am going to do is send an email to everyone on that list that brought a rank or spent over $20 over the next few days, where they will receive a one off voucher that will give them 50% off their first purchase(s). This will be valid until the sale ends one week after the server is released and the voucher will stack with the sale. If you did purchase something before June, msg me at MadnessMCNetwork@gmail.com with the transaction id, minecraft name and item(s) purchased. I won’t need any screenshots or anything as people will just photoshop something to try and get a free voucher.

Server Information/Features:
    There will be a update in the next week with all the gameplay mechanics, plugins and perks in depth, this is a brief list about some of the perks and plan.

I have a lot of plans for future development, this season was primarily limited too the amount of money I had, which was $500NZD and I still went over budget. For next season I want to get enough money to get a custom enchantments plugin codes and incredible custom builds for the spawn, warzone and shop. This server will be heavily influenced by community inputs and there will be regular polls on minor and major changes.

Server Features:
    - World Borders: Overworld 10,000 x 10,000 | Nether 5,000 x 5,000 | End 2,000
    - The Nether has had its blaze spawners removed
    - The End has no island and has a bedrock layer, followed by 4 layers of endstone
    - The Server is economy based, has mcmmo
    - You get a starter kit, 2 Homes, Teleports, warps, trademe plugin, auction house and more
    - Voting gives you Voting Keys, (Lower Tier Crate Key)
    - When Raiding TNT & Creeper Eggs have a 50% drop chance on destroyed spawners
    - Silk Touch is in the Magma and higher ranks
    - Obsidian takes 5 hits to destroy and Bedrock is unbreakable
    - You can only get Bedrock from crate keys and in small amounts from the inferno rank
    - There are regular koths and there are 3 different koth locations in the warzone
    - Players start with 20 Faction Power
    - Factions have a max of 20 players and the Maximum Chunk buffer is 20 chunks
    - Cobblestone Gen Buckets are purchasable by everyone in the in game shop.
    - 32GBs Ram, i7-4790K all resources used on the mc server, hard to get more powerful.

There will be a rule set come in the next week, most of it is common sense, however there will be more specific information in it such as the allowed mods and maximum base size area, which is 800.

Forums:
    The best way to interact with the community and put forward your ideas in with the forums, there are several forums that are worth looking into. This website will be here for the lifetime of the server so it’s a good idea to register as soon as possible. You can do so at http://MadnessMC.net in the top right hand corner. Any feedback, bugs and suggested improvement is much appreciated.

End:
    Thanks for managing the read all of this, I would recommend reading all of it as the information is reasonably important or watch the YouTube video. TNT Madness will also be doing a redstone themed faction series once the server launches, so you can subscribe if you want to watch that. The trailer will be out not long before the official release happens. Hope everyone is just as hyped for this server as I am, I’m certain this will be one of the best experiences you have on an faction server.

Note: This thread may get updated if I missed something out or there are mistakes.

#1 MrMadness, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Yodonashi

Yodonashi Community Manager
    Staff Member Community Manager

Hey there,

So I'm curious, will this server be updated with the most current version of minecraft? Or is it an older version where factions tends to work better. Say 1.7.10 or 1.8?

Thanks for all you work,
    Yodonashi

3. MrMadness

MrMadness Owner
    Staff Member Owner

The server is currently on 1.8, Pretty much everyone prefers that the PVP Mechanics are better in this version, plus 1.9-1.12 clients will be able to play on the server too. I'm still testing TNT Cannons, so if everything goes to plan, everything should be fine.

4. Yodonashi

Yodonashi Community Manager
    Staff Member Community Manager

Wonderful, I was going to mention that about 1.12 that redstone works differently so most tnt cannons no longer work. I fully agree that the 1.8 pvp mechanics are much better. I'm glad this is the case. Thanks for clarifying that.

5. Feyh_

Feyh_ New Member

Looking forward to the server! =3

Phaz_ likes this.
  6. Denver Orsburn

Denver Orsburn New Member

7. Phaz_

Phaz_ New Member

Heckín pumped! :D

Feyh_ and Denver Orsburn like this.