Closed Poll: Should we have Gen-Buckets or Not?

Discussion in 'Opinion Polls' started by MrMadness, Sep 8, 2017.

?

Should we Gen-Buckets or Not?

Poll closed Sep 15, 2017.
  1. Enable Gen-Buckets

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. Disable Gen-Buckets

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMadness

MrMadness Owner
    Staff Member Owner

People are very split on Gen-Buckets, I generally see them as good and since there is no pay wall for them, because cobblestone ones will be sold in the store, so I don't see what is wrong with them. I am having a poll, because I want to know why exactly people want them and more specifically why they don't.

If you are answering this poll and feel strongly on one decision, please write a detailed reply, I will be watching. The decision will be made on the official release and will be explaining based on this poll what justified the decision.

2. Big_papi34

Big_papi34 New Member

Ok so this is how I see it. If gen buckets are added that means it will be easier for players that don't donate to get bases up which means that there will be a WHOLE lot more players building bases therefore there will be more bases so you would be able to raid more. It is also just really time consuming to buy lava or find it then place it down then break the blocks under it then wait for all of it to hit the ground and then put water down. Doing that over and over Just takes a long time and now it can be avoided. That is why I believe gen buckets SHOULD be allowed.

Denver Orsburn, Feyh_ and Phaz_ like this.
  3. Feyh_

Feyh_ New Member

I agree with papi =3 building bases takes a long time and not everyone has that time to put into the game.

Denver Orsburn, Big_papi34 and Phaz_ like this.
  4. Phaz_

Phaz_ New Member

Completely agree with @Big_papi34 , gen buckets are too beneficial for the server not to have.:D

Feyh_, Denver Orsburn and Big_papi34 like this.
  5. Denver Orsburn

Denver Orsburn New Member

i feel the same with Big_papi34 Feyh_ and Phaz_

Big_papi34 likes this.
  6. ChildOfAids

ChildOfAids New Member

Add gen buckets but have a cooldown so you can only place 16 then have to wait for 10-30 seconds to place another 16.

7. Yodonashi

Yodonashi Community Manager
    Staff Member Community Manager

They don't really seem to be an issue to me. Of course playing devil's advocate, cobble monsters can get ridiculous with gen buckets, but anyone who is willing to put that much time into making a cobble monster (something that's literally pointless) deserves it lol

8. Big_papi34

Big_papi34 New Member

The gen buckets that I have used only gen walls straight down so I wouldn't see it as a problem. Well it all depends on which plugin he uses.

9. DaHobbit14

DaHobbit14 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If you don't have time or skill to play without gen buckets don't play the server.

10. DaHobbit14

DaHobbit14 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not pointless. If a base doesn't have a proper water curtain, then you can monster into the claims, ruin the land where walls will be, and completely ruin the base, or heavily weaken it.

11. Yodonashi

Yodonashi Community Manager
    Staff Member Community Manager

That is 100% the wrong attitude to have. The idea is to build a community, not a slaughterhouse where only the most experienced players have any chance of being successful. We want to encourage people to play, not discourage them because they're not good enough.

As for the cobble monsters I've just never liked them honestly. Like, it doesn't get me any resources so I just never use them. It seems like it's just trolling the other person and not advancing me at all. That's just my opinion though.

Big_papi34 likes this.
  12. DaHobbit14

DaHobbit14 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Then don't play factions. It is a time-heavy gamemode, and if you aren't prepared for the commitments a strong powerful factions makes, then don't play.
    All factions have fly in their own claimed land???????????????

Super easy to get up to the bases. If you really can't get up to your trays/make them in the first place, don't play factions. Ever. If you really whine about how much time it takes to make a base, please never play factions again. Even if there are more bases to raid, not all of them are worth the time a proper cannon would make. There will still be 5 bases worth raiding, and now the empty worthless bases are super difficult to raid. No one even knows how to cannon on here anyways, they all use TNTmadness' cannons, and those are worthless at best.

13. DaHobbit14

DaHobbit14 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If you literally cant make walls without gen bucket I feel bad for you. Furthermore, if you can barely make bases without genbucket, do you think it would get raided? Maybe. But it wouldn't be worth it if you checked /f top beforehand. Now empty bases, with no loot are going to be as big as the claims can make them. Does not encourage raiding, it in fact, discourages raiding. Atleast raiding on noobs. Since they are noobs, they wont even get rich with that base staying up for several weeks, because they are noobs. Genbucket is fine, id prefer not to have it because I'm not a millennial, participation trophy, babyback-b****.

14. DaHobbit14

DaHobbit14 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If the other factions cant make a base, then they cant get rich, while you do. Its crippling, but it can be prevented with a simple water curtain around claims.

15. Big_papi34

Big_papi34 New Member

You honestly think that no one can build a simple tray u don't need to be smart at all so what's the difference if you have to buy lava and water and virtually do the same thing with just buying gen buckets. Everyone know factions is a time consuming game if you don't realize that then you will be unsuccessful but that doesn't mean u can't cut down time on the little things So if you are literally going to have this attitude towards everything your someone I wouldn't wanna play with at all. I totally 100% agree with @Yodonashi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.