Closed Poll: Should we have 20 players per faction or 40?

Discussion in 'Opinion Polls' started by MrMadness, Sep 8, 2017.

?

Should we have 20 players per faction or 40?

Poll closed Sep 15, 2017.
  1. 20

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. 40

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMadness

MrMadness Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Because the maximum chunk buffer is 20, the max faction land area is 800, so with 20 players you can only claim 400 out of the 800 land for their base. However if we go for 40 players per faction there will be less competition as there will likely only be a few major factions instead of 5-10 dominant factions.

If you are answering this poll and feel strongly on one decision, please write a detailed reply, I will be watching. The decision will be made on the official release and will be explaining based on this poll what justified the decision.

2. Skittellz

Skittellz New Member

can my fac have 24 people and and some alts plz

3. Skittellz

Skittellz New Member

4. Destroyer_XL

Destroyer_XL Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

20 people. More factions, More pvp, More competition, Happier players

5. Yodonashi

Yodonashi Community Manager
    Staff Member Community Manager

First off can I quickly say this. As a minecraft Dev, I can personally say this is kind of a ridiculous request. No offense intended. But basically how it comes down to limiting this is it's in the config YAML files on the server console. basically there's going to be a line in the YAML that goes something to the effect of this. Keep in mind that this isn't the exact words as I don't know which exact plugin he's using for factions, but they're all pretty much the same general idea.

factions player limits: true
    player limit: '20'

How this works is the first thing that happens in this line is that a boolean java variable is ran to determine if the next part of the code is ran. Next it If the boolean returns a value of true, it will create an array for the faction with the index of the variable player_limit. If it is returned as false, then a 0 value is returned and the faction is set to allow infinite players. For anyone familiar with java, this is the basic skeleton of how the code will look. Please keep in mind that my java is a bit rusty so I may have some syntax errors, but it's still the same general idea.

Code:
    class FactionPlayers{

long x;
    long player_limit = x;
    boolean factions_player_limit;

factions_player_limit = get.factions_player_limit(); /*This will run a separate java class to determine if Factions player limits is set to true or not */

If{
        factions_player_limit = true;
    }
    Then{
        x = get.player_limit(); /*runs a separate class to get the value specified for the player limit*/
        String FactionPlayers[x];
        return FactionPlayers[];
    }
    Else{
        String FactionPlayers[];
        return FactionPlayers[];
    }
    }

Now the issue here that it is not possible to specify faction limits for each faction individually simply because of how the basic java works for this specific class. You'd have to add to the java class itself to include a multi dimensional array that accounts for every faction on the server. Then in the sub values set each of their specific limits. Simply put that's not something you can do from the YAML that is a development only coding venture and you'd have to have the original source code for that specific plugin. Factions however doesn't release their source codes. Any of them. So all in all, what you're asking for would require an entirely new fork of factions made.

With that out of the way I'll say my opinion. I think we should do 20 player faction limits. The competitiveness will be much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.