Read This! Free Public Beta - MadnessMC Update 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MrMadness, Sep 8, 2017.

1. MrMadness

MrMadness Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hello, this update is just about the change from a private beta to a public beta. The beta is now free to join, the only differences are you only get $10,000 after winning the KoTH for the release now, the world is now 2,000 x 2,000, the beta tag is sold separately and you no longer join 30 minutes earlier. You will want to watch this video:

Because there is more beta information and me explaining some more server mechanics’ discussions. There is also some explaining of the shortcoming with me and TMFactions and the issues of the server’s livability. The only major change besides that is Faction Fly (Flying in your own faction territory) will now be enabled for everyone.

After watching that video you will see there are 2 polls: (Would love to hear your feedback)

http://madnessmc.net/threads/poll-should-we-have-20-players-per-faction-or-40.17/
    http://madnessmc.net/threads/poll-should-we-have-gen-buckets-or-not.18/

Everything that will be in the final release may not be in the beta, so here's a short list of what you can expect to be in the beta. Ask any question and I will answer ASAP.

Release is less than 12 hours away, check the MOTD on the server for the exact time.
    IP: pvp.MadnessMC.net

Server Features/Mechanics/Information:
    - Players Per Faction 20
    - Faction Power 20
    - Crate Keys and Flaring Crates Purchases won’t be purchasable (if purchased, not usable) until the Official Release.
    - Gen-Buckets are allowed, testing Sand & Obsidian as expensive options as well as Cobblestone.
    - All walls are allowed to be built. '/genbuckets' to open shop GUI.
    - Nether and End are still accessible, just have barriers round them.
    - Natural Mob Spawning is Disabled for the Beta, Minimize Lag.
    - FTop Currently has spawners and hoppers and at there in game shop price. Plus Obsidian: $20, Bedrock $200000. Ore Blocks Shop Sell Prices.
    - Voting is disabled till official release, still working on votifer and voting keys

Will be adding to this list, just can’t think of anything else off the top of my head.

For those asking about the plugins I am using here's my list. It will update as I change them: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oJx3LnP2GqHHWgpA4kXbTeSBZj6HbEJMoRMH0FmQ2IU/edit?usp=sharing

Problems So Far:
    - Sand is glitching, fall sand entity disappears, can't find whats causing it. Isn't from Anti-Cheat.

#1 MrMadness, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. BUBgaming

BUBgaming New Member

What about sell hand and angel wings?

3. MrMadness

MrMadness Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Currently Sell Hand is with Cinder Rank. However there is a massive In game shop with sell prices for nearly everything and mass sell walls. Angel wings is a perk in the misc section, but you don't take fall damage in the shop, spawn or warzone.

4. BUBgaming

BUBgaming New Member

Ok I have one more question what like ranks will there be for staff like helper ect. And their permissions?

5. MrMadness

MrMadness Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Still working on permissions how
    Still working on permissions for the Staff, however there will be Helper for most staff, Mod for experienced staff that also help keep the helpers in order and then SrMod for the best most dedicated staff who have been around for a while.

BUBgaming likes this.
  6. HackCIient

HackCIient New Member